WHY FREE SCANNING?
Hi,
Now you people will think that why i am doing that much efforts for free.. Frankly speaking following are the reasons:
1- 3D laser scanning is my hobby and i give a lot of time to it.
2- Scanning model for free and then watching it cuts on CNC is my passion.

WHAT I WILL GET FROM MY HONORABLE VIEWERS:
1- I will display the Scanned Pictures along with the customer name and website on my blogs for free.
2- I love to make friendship with the peoples inside and outside my country. I will be happy if you join my this blog , criticize my work by your comments and become a consistent follower.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1- i can't buy the object to scan it for you, you have to provide the object.
2- You have to bear shipment charges if you want to send me or getting it back.
3- I am not liable to any damage to the part.
4- if the part is available in my locality, i will just ask for Fair price to purchase and scan free for you.
5- If it is household item i will scan free for you (if it is in my house) and send you mesh model.
6- I will send you MESH model in STL or OBJ format only.
7- The part to be scan should not be from Atomic power plant, Weapons etc
8- If the object is Transparent, translucent, shiny and dark.. I have to apply fine powder on it.. The cost of powder and consumables will be beared by the member...
9- I have the right to display the scanned pictures on my blogsites

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Laser Scanning of hand carved wooden Corbel

I have purchased some carved furniture during the latest visit to Chiniot (city of Pakistan). Chiniot peoples are highly skilled wood carver and i was amazed to see the amazing wood carving through out the visit... As i have no laser scanner with me at that time, so i brought some of wooden carved pieces to test my new laser scanner setup..


Due to Dark polish on the corbel, laser scanning was not possible.. so i applied talcum powder with brush...I didn't show the that white Corbel to my wife, this is just because i don't want my wife to throw away the laser scanning stuff ;) ... i did some quick scanning of the corbel and stitched them together.. Attached are the scan results just out from Laser scanner.. All scans were carried out with plane-less technique...

No comments:

Post a Comment